Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tricky question
Hi guys,
 I have a question about our machines we use...in particular the Whites model MXT. Ok here goes. I've been using this machine for quite a few years now and have gotten very used to the way it operates ie; programs, tones, adjustments etc, now if I change coils could I assume that the basic operation of the machine does not change as far as what I'm used too? Again the programs, tones and adjustments. The reason I ask is I'm curious if a different coil will make the machine itself respond differently to targets in the ground....

Input is good..happy hunting!

Ron
(04-04-2017, 10:35 AM)mxt300digger Wrote: Hi guys,
 I have a question about our machines we use...in particular the Whites model MXT. Ok here goes. I've been using this machine for quite a few years now and have gotten very used to the way it operates ie; programs, tones, adjustments etc, now if I change coils could I assume that the basic operation of the machine does not change as far as what I'm used too? Again the programs, tones and adjustments. The reason I ask is I'm curious if a different coil will make the machine itself respond differently to targets in the ground....

Input is good..happy hunting!

Ron

I have a DFX, but the only changes I've noticed is the depth of the target. The machine is calibrated with the stock coil. If you use a different coil the depth shown on the machine might be off. Also, you might be able to run a smaller coil a little hotter, and a larger coil not as hot.
Keep the faith