Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOLD MONSTER 1000
Minelab’s GOLD MONSTER 1000
Universal Gold Detector
The GOLD MONSTER 1000 turns beginners into experts with fully automatic operation in an easy-to-use, high performance detector.
An 18 kHz detector will normally have a depth advantage on nuggets ≥ 1.0g over a basic mid-frequency detector, and a 71 kHz detector will have a depth advantage on nuggets ≤ 0.1g. The advanced GOLD MONSTER 1000 uses an intermediate 45 kHz frequency AND a high speed 24-bit signal processor. This primary combination greatly boosts sensitivity to gold beyond that of other single frequency VLF detectors over a wide range of nugget sizes, without introducing excess noise and false signals. Comes with a choice of coils, battery options and shaft configurations. If you're looking for super sensitive gold performance at a great price, then this is the detector you've been waiting for!
Features
  • Fully automatic operation, Extra sensitive 45 kHz VLF performance 
  • Highly adaptable, 2 search coils.
I'm thinking of getting one of these. Are they any good?
Hey Macklin - I held off replying right away in case someone who owns one stepped forward.

Minelab makes great equipment and I am sure the GM1000 is no exception. However if you are planning on using this detector in the northeast then it probably isn't the best choice just due to the fact that it is designed to use in the gold fields and we don't have them here.

A more general purpose machine such as a 3030, a ETRAC or even a XTerra 705 would probably still find gold but make it easier to find other targets that you would be more likely to find in the NorthEast.
If the gold nugget is big enough, just about every detector can detect it however non  can not positively identify gold.