Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey I found a Sword
Hi Guys I was out a week ago Sunday and hit a find that I never would have dreamed of getting. I found whats called a "small sword" these aren't the big broad sword that comes to mind but are the smaller sword that is also in your belt. They are for close combat. The sword is french and dates to about 1720-50. This sword would have been carried by an officer or gentleman of the time and could very well have seen action in the revolutionary war. I'm very pleased to have found it.
HHunting Todd

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

When I go digging its always with landowner permission.
Dig Colonial or Go Home
http://www.cttodd.com
(08-08-2017, 03:35 PM)CTTodd Wrote: Hi Guys I was out a week ago Sunday and hit a find that I never would have dreamed of getting. I found whats called a "small sword" these aren't the big broad sword that comes to mind but are the smaller sword that is also in your belt. They are for close combat. The sword is french and dates to about 1720-50. This sword would have been carried by an officer or gentleman of the time and could very well have seen action in the revolutionary war. I'm very pleased to have found it.
HHunting Todd

Nice find.  That one is still on my list, I would love to find one.
Thanks for the pictures, very nice find.