Notifications
Clear all

First Silver With the X terra 505!

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Sea Hunter, has given me the opportunity to play with the Minelab X Terra 505. Ask anyone that knows me, and they will tell you, that I have been very critical of Minelab, like the Yankees, Cowboys, and the Lakers, I felt that more often than not, they were all hype. A bunch of bells and whistles, wrapped around a mediocre and overpriced new comer, with a great marketing team. I will say, after three days with the 505, I am gaining respect. The tones are unique, and distinctive for each target. Although the concentric coil does false on iron and surface foil, as all concentrics do, it is easy to learn how to tell if the target is false. It is time consuming to stop and check every false, and I think a DD coil upgrade will, not only be a time saver, but improve the performance of the 505, both in depth and target separation. I have had the 505 for 2 and a half days now, and put in around 10 hours, finding deeper and better targets almost every hole. Leading to this Rosie I found this evening. I think the X Terra is a great addition to my detector hoard, and has already replaced my Teknetics Delta 4000 on the detector rack in the back window of my truck, just below my ATP, and my beautiful Betty the B. my MXT.

Posted : 01/06/2015 8:25 pm
Share: