Clear all

Best find of the month contest for May 2016

12 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@stevep-nh)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

We are going to have a best find of the month contest for this month now the weather has turned spring like (finally).

The prize will be a 1992 proof set from the US Mint.

You can wait until the end of the month or post good finds as you find them as you can enter as many finds (only found during the month of May 2016) as you want.

Good Luck out there detecting - Happy Hunting!

Posted : 14/05/2016 11:00 am
(@bearbait)
Trusted Member

Was at a fresh water beach today an found a 1940 Mercury Dime, along with all the other good stuff.

Posted : 15/05/2016 5:06 pm
(@stevep-nh)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Boy this is a nice almost 15 year old proof set. So far Bearbait is the only one who has entered. The rest of you just going to let him take it?

The weather is supposed to be nice over the Memorial Day weekend so I hope you can get out and post some of those finds!

Posted : 26/05/2016 11:50 pm
(@bobvt)

I've detected a few times with Raven at a nice place on Lake Champlain and had some nice finds.  Here's an 1899 Indian head cent, a 10K plated signet ring, and a broken gold ring from May 7th.

bob

Posted : 27/05/2016 5:05 am
(@bearbait)
Trusted Member

The wife an I went to OOB in Maine for Memorial Day weekend , I found 2 rings, a pair of ear rings, a belly button ring, an a 58 gram silver chain. Hope to get Steve to help me get pictures on this site.

Posted : 31/05/2016 4:04 pm
(@stevep-nh)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

The contest is closed to new entries now but I will post Bearbait's picture before George and I pick a winner.

Posted : 01/06/2016 9:31 pm
(@bearbait)
Trusted Member

THANKS for helping put up my picture. Duane

Posted : 05/06/2016 6:54 am
(@bearbait)
Trusted Member

The contest is closed to new entries now but I will post Bearbait's picture before George and I pick a winner.

Steve---- Any word on the contest yet? Hope your vacation went well. thanks Duane

Posted : 21/06/2016 4:59 am
(@stevep-nh)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Steve---- Any word on the contest yet? Hope your vacation went well.   thanks  Duane

I've been waiting for George to reply with his vote for the best find but so far no luck.  I vote for your finds myself Duane.  If I don't hear back from him by the end of the week I am going to declare you the winner based on my vote alone.  

George who do you vote for?

Posted : 22/06/2016 8:15 am
(@stevep-nh)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Well no word from George so Bearbait is the winner. Duane - I have your address. I will get your proof set out to you tomorrow.

Posted : 28/06/2016 12:55 pm
(@bearbait)
Trusted Member

Well no word from George so Bearbait is the winner.  Duane - I have your address.  I will get your proof set out to you tomorrow.

Steve----Thanks an thank you for all you do here. Duane

Posted : 28/06/2016 3:39 pm
(@sea-hunter)
Member Admin

Bearbait was my choice too

Posted : 29/06/2016 9:41 am
Share: