Clear all

The best metal detector for water hunting is the Minelab

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@sea-hunter)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Started using and selling metal detectors in 1973.
My opinion is the Best underwater  metal detector is the Minelab CTX 3030 and 2nd best  is the Minelab Excalibur II 
The best  under a thousand  dollars, under water detectors, for fresh and salt water are the Fisher 1280-X or the Detector Pro Underwater.
Been a water hunter since 1986  In one morning I found 28  18K gold rings   and best for a week was 112 gold jewelry items.  Have detected in the sea in St Thomas, St Croix, Guadeloupe, St Lucia, Barbados, Grand Cayman, Aruba, Curacao, Cancun, Cozumel, Granada, Tobago, Martinique, France, Spain, Puerto Rico, St Martin, Tortola, Jamaica, and about a 1/2 dozen other Islands.
At 74 slowing down.
George Streeter

Posted : 25/01/2016 12:06 pm
 10x
(@10x)
Trusted Member

Best underwater  metal detector is the Minelab CTX 3030
2nd best is Minelab Excalibur II 
and the best low price under water detectors are  the Fisher 1280-X or the Detector Pro Underwater.
What do I know about water hunting, well in one morning I found 28 18K gold rings   and 112 golds for the week. 
have detected in St Thomas, St Croix, Guadeloupe, St Lucia, Barbados, Grand cayman, Aruba, Curacao, Cancun, Granada, Tobago, Martinique, France, Spain, Puerto Rico, St Martin, 
Tortola, Jamaica, and about a dozen more islands.
George Streeter

There's no doubt that you know metal detectors George, and like your minelabs, but do you really think the CTX is a better water machine than the Excal for underwater detecting?

Keep the faith

Posted : 25/01/2016 12:20 pm
(@sea-hunter)
Member Admin
Topic starter

One think I always try   to do is not tell lies and what I wrote  I believe!!!
Not everyone will agree with me,    Goldfinger uses an Excaliur,  Steve Pearsall here  uses  an Infinium, Matt  uses a Dual field & on land a V3i in water may. Everyone has opinions, but I sell them are maybe hear more then others. . I  am basing my opinions on customer and my satisfaction.

Posted : 25/01/2016 1:38 pm
(@sea-hunter)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Which is do I think is better the Minelab Excal II or CTX 3030. I believe because of what the 3030 can do that other detectors can not do, makes it the best. Do I use one, not smart enough.

Posted : 25/01/2016 1:49 pm
Share: